Saturday 8 October 2016

Won the Times Soul Curry contest!




I was engrossed in reading when a mail hits my inbox from the Times of India notifying that I have won the Soul Curry Short Story competition. Deja Vu! Moments of pure ecstasy took over my senses for the next one hour. It was quiet similar to the way I had felt when I cleared the national level test of Indian Institute of Mass Communication way back in 2009 for Print Journalism.
I hugged my mother as she was the inspiration behind this short story. She started smiling even though I had not told her yet as to why I was joyful. That’s being a mother, you see! I went ahead and kissed my father. I was jubilant to the core! Thanked Almighty for his generous support and made immediate calls to my brothers’ and husband. IIMC success celebration was much similar to this.
My mother always motivated and encouraged me to push my limits and excel beyond the set terrain.  She is the bedrock foundation of who I am. SO, I broke the news. For her, the important thing was the smile on my face. Till this date, she remains my strongest inspiration. A picture of sheer divinity! Not to mention the delicious panner buji she made especially for me to celebrate this win.
The mail read that ‘your short story has been adjudged as the winning entry and you shall be rewarded as promised’. News like this does make your day.. After all, what life is without such little joys? 

Dated :Sept 9, 2016



No comments:

My son's birthday Gems Choco Cake (eggless)

Today is my son's fourth birthday. I don't know where the time has flown. It seems he was born just yesterday. Well, I bet all the ...