Saturday 1 October 2016

Why do I blog?
by Priyanka Chauhan
It has been quite a while that I have been blogging my heart out. Let me do a post on the reasons why I decided to blog. There was no thunderstorm, no rains, No prophecy. To begin with, it was an inner urge to express, share and shape my thoughts.
1. Expression-I have always been expressive throughout my life. Sometimes, I needed an ear to listen attentively. Blogging was an exciting medium much before when I started in year 2008. Read my first postIt was way to record daily happenings, express which I could not express otherwise to friends and family. My personal space.
2. Another excuse to write-I have always loved reading and writing. It was another reason for me to pen down my inner most thoughts. A nudge, a friend, a space which was independent of all judgements and ego clashes. Here, my writing was free. My soul was set free with each post I wrote. Besides, the more I wrote, the better I became as a writer. A year later, I was to join India’s Premier College of Journalism IIMC. Print Journalism was my objective back then. This blog helped me hone my amateur style.
3. Personal Setbacks-When certain systems fail you, betray you, you need a shoulder to cry on. For me blogging became that shoulder. A motivation to redirect the angst within me towards constructive purpose. To create, create more, some more words till I drown in them. This was my way to survive personal challenges. To overcome the dark phase by walking towards the light. Blogging was that faint light for me in times of crisis.
4. Motherhood– This is the single most important reason why I restarted blogging after a gap of three years. My last blog post was in 2013, the year I got married. Thereafter, I got busy. The next major leap in my life took place when I gave birth to my son. I experienced myriad emotions which needed a space. Having forgotten password to my parent blog, I restarted on wordpress. I was happy, angry, sad, pessimistic and a thousand other things. I felt millions of emotions in seconds. Blog was an apt choice yet again to get back to what I have always believed in-power of expression.
5.Bring consistency-Sometimes, I feel lazy and do not want to write. Blogging inspires me. It connects me to fellow bloggers who are in pursuit of their own goals. Some inspire me, I follow them. I read and then write. I write some more. This is how the cycle goes. I wanted it to continue like this. To be more consistent a blogger. Each published post is a feather in my cap. An achievement which I am proud of. A therapy. A satisfaction that what I felt at a particular moment had been recorded for posterity.
6. Reference-Yet another reason why I took to this wonderful world of words is to be able to do a reference check on my work and time. To compare my thoughts at different points in time. My blog history is not just ‘Archives’. It is a piece of me. I put my heart and soul in each post I write. It is a mirror image to who I am. What I stand for. What I intend to become. A glimpse of the past, a peek into the future with the focus on the present.
I hope to continue blogging as it helps me be in a free space. Freedom from this prying world. It is a celebration of the fact that my soul is not caged, my thoughts are free. I will think and say what I really mean. Not what the world expects out of me. To map my journey, read my first post 
Why did you start blogging? Let me know, I am listening….

No comments:

My son's birthday Gems Choco Cake (eggless)

Today is my son's fourth birthday. I don't know where the time has flown. It seems he was born just yesterday. Well, I bet all the ...