Sunday 2 October 2016

War Fever
by Priyanka Chauhan
The visuals on NDTV of people vacating their homes in Punjab and sailing away to a safer destination along with their household goods were disturbing. Is it an indication of impending disaster-WAR.
The surgical strike and headlines of vacating places reminded me of Partition days. The heart wrenching stories of people’s loss started doing rounds in my head. 
Pakistan has time and again taken advantage of India’s patience, but with the latest killings of 18 Jawans, it has crossed all limits. With Modi as the commander-in-chief, will India go for war?  India has been touted as the rising Superpower, if War happens all its constructive energy will be directed towards this uncalled issue of Terrorism. The growth rate will slow down for years to come. The major beneficiary will be China.
However, War is the last resort for any nation. Terrorism is anyway hollowing India’s roots eating away our very essence, our hope for future-Youth. We anyway can’t progress if terrorism continues to pull us back. Pakistan has been precisely doing that all these years. Slowing down India’s growth by major strikes.

Disturbed as I write this.   

No comments:

My son's birthday Gems Choco Cake (eggless)

Today is my son's fourth birthday. I don't know where the time has flown. It seems he was born just yesterday. Well, I bet all the ...