Sunday 16 November 2008

Mediocrity Kills.......!!



All are not born genius like Albert Einstein or Thomas Eddison. This is the category of intellectuals. Many amongst us belong to the Average Category. I belong to the latter one, and I don't have any qualms admitting it. My take on ordinariness of a person's existence would perhaps help you to relate with the struggles of mediocres ,and this piece could be an interesting read for you.

I endorse the former view i.e. it's been my privilige to be born as a mediocre. Perhaps, that has helped me understand things around me in a much better way than the rest. Coming back to my life's story, I was born in a middle class family. But my father was determined to send all three of us to English medium schools and get us good education. You must be wondering where does the idea of being an average person disappeared! You will understand it once you are through this piece.

My parents did their best to raise us and made us touch the line of mediocrity-which was a huge achivement for them-in terms of education, ambitions, personality and language. 

When me and my siblings advanced to the college life, it was our first brush with the mad chase for goals, ambitions, multi-talented people, people with oddles of confidence. We tried to fit in amongst them. We felt so close to this bizzzare feeling of thriving in Dark Ages, so ignorant was our outlook towards life. We had a keen sense of purpose and inclination to always do good.

There started the journey, at each turn we had struggled and leanrt. You neither get appreciated nor you get slapped with criticism if you are a mediocre. Therefore, its important to rise above this category.  You need a lot of self-motivation to rise from an undistinguished and unexceptional life to that of excellence. A lot of hard work is needed, atleast once . Then life perhaps might get easy, but again complacency is a fatal disease.

Now......after almost a year I am adding onto this post....a lot has changed during this period. A new feather has been added in our cap. Life suddenly has become quite favourable and has been showering with pleasures. We as a family have come closer to our goals. My brothers and I have a well defined career with our individual goals to achieve. I am on my way to become a journalist, and they are excelling in the field of engineering. Today, when I look back to all those years of uncertainty, I feel elated that we have had our share in life's struggle. Or the struggle has just begun......as the Robert Frost has put it "I have got miles to go before I sleep".
Chao till I write the next post....



2 comments:

Sarfaraz Ahmed said...

Nice Article
Sarfaraz Ahmed
http://findsarfaraz.blogspot.com

wandering soul said...

Thanks Sarfaraz.

My son's birthday Gems Choco Cake (eggless)

Today is my son's fourth birthday. I don't know where the time has flown. It seems he was born just yesterday. Well, I bet all the ...