Wednesday 22 March 2017

Can't bank upon this experience (post 7)

I had to renew my debit card at Bank of India branch located in remote area, just ahead of the college where I worked before. The sight of a sleeping black dog right at the bank's gate welcomed me. I walked a few steps inside and found the main entrance chained heavily. I presume partially for security reasons. Nevertheless, what I witnessed inside was more repulsive. 

There was one bank official in his late 60s who was attending hoards of customers, mostly illiterate farmers. A manager seated in cabin who was on phone for close to two hours and a helper were there too. A serpentine queue at the cash counter adjacent to him was a clerk at the printer. Now, with this team and the number of customers the branch had, it was understandable that rush was a bit too much to handle. 

The bank official was rebuking people for having missed details in application forms. He shouted at them and made remarks like 'I will close your account', ' go get this filled', 'I will throw you out". I could not believe for a second. Then, a lady with a sleeping baby in her arms approached the official. I was standing just behind her looking into my papers. Suddenly, I heard that man shouting at the lady "I'll punch you". "How dare you say 'go to hell...I'll close your account". He blurted series of sentences at one go; the pitch was blaring and annoying. The lady apologised for her words or else her work would not have completed.  

Nobody uttered a word. No one including the bank manager for the uncouth behaviour of the official. Even if the customer said something out of frustation as no clear information was given, was it justified for the bank official to speak to a woman and that too with an infant? He need to be educated in real sense. 

He changed his tone when he saw that I am an educated client. Screaming was all for the villagers. Such behaviour was very disturbing. 

People come to the bank for their own money. Fair treatment, clear information is all they need. Not uncivilized behaviour on account of more work. Bank need to allocate more staff for the service of people. 

No comments:

My son's birthday Gems Choco Cake (eggless)

Today is my son's fourth birthday. I don't know where the time has flown. It seems he was born just yesterday. Well, I bet all the ...