Tuesday 28 March 2017

Dance like no one is watching (post 12)

Hi all,

My post for today is how you can beat stress with music. 

I devote half an hour daily where I play music and dance like no one is watching. Normally, it's my months old son with whom I groove to musical beats. And we connect, like we never connected. He and I get transported into a very happy space. It's magical effects are following-


  1. Cardio Exercise-Your hearts starts pumping and your body gets its physical workout for the day. Sleep also improves. 
  2. Disconnect from routine-Dancing is also a therapy. Put on the music at the highest volume and just dance. Notice the change in your emotions. 
  3.  Helps in bonding- If you are dancing alone, then it the bonding with self which improves. You know yourself better, and are more at peace. And you if you have a partner, then you bond with the person you are dancing with. 
  4. Mental Rejuvenation-It's like a short trip or a vacation both for body and mind. You come back fresh and all happy.                  
  5. Improves Concentration-One is more focussed after tryst with music and can be more productive.

I often take musical breaks in between writing to lend more depth to my work. It is all interconnected you see. 

Leaving you with a video of  ED Sheeren's Shape of You which is trending today :)

No comments:

My son's birthday Gems Choco Cake (eggless)

Today is my son's fourth birthday. I don't know where the time has flown. It seems he was born just yesterday. Well, I bet all the ...