Wednesday 29 March 2017

Nesting, Incubation (post 14)

There is a blog post I wrote on lessons one can learn from birds. It has been picked by the prestigious Journal for English Writers, Indian Ruminations.

What is striking about this piece is the timeline. I wrote it when I had just delivered my son. And the bird which had built this nest at my parent's house was to be a mother too. My parents and I had a wonderful time observing the whole process. Read it here to know more about the experience. Just two days back, the bird was spotted again building the nest all over again.


Today, it's been a almost a year when the episode was first recorded. Within this time frame, the bird returned and is ready to deliver again. Could it be the same bird?

I wonder how she would have decided to choose the same spot for nesting. May be, based on her first labour experience.  Eggs are laid and the embryo's are being incubated now. I am lucky to watch this wonderful process in a year's time.

Goodnight peeps!

No comments:

My son's birthday Gems Choco Cake (eggless)

Today is my son's fourth birthday. I don't know where the time has flown. It seems he was born just yesterday. Well, I bet all the ...