Saturday 16 February 2019

Whole Wheat Pista Almond Biscuits (eggless)

When I am in stress, I bake. My father suffered from two heart strokes last week. The whole week was full of tension. Now, the doctors have put stents in his arteries to increase the flow of oxygen. My mind has been restless ever since then. Ttoday, he was discharged. I am in bangalore, miles away from him. Will be visiting him after two weeks. That's the disadvantage of staying away from your family. You can't visit as often as you like.

Nonetheless, I decided to take a pause and take my mind off from this constant fear of losing my beloved father. The feeling is like somebody withdrew the safety net from my head.

Ingredients-
Whole Wheat -1 cup
Butter (salted)-I cup
Sugar (castor sugar or powdered sugar)-1/3 cup
Milk- 2 tbsp
baking powder-1 tbsp
Almonds, pista-10-12

Procedure----

Mix all the ingredients in the bowl. Form the crumbling texture. Add milk and make a dough just as make one for roti.

                                
Roll it on the kitchen slab. Prefer keeping an aluminium foil below before you flaten the dough.
With the help of cookie cutter, cut out the 10mm thick dough into various shapes.

                                

Baking time and variation, OTG

Bake at a preheated oven at 180 degree celsius for 25 mins

25-15 mins-bake at 165 degrees
15-5 mins-bake at 175 degrees
last five minutes -165 degrees

                               

Hope you like it!

No comments:

My son's birthday Gems Choco Cake (eggless)

Today is my son's fourth birthday. I don't know where the time has flown. It seems he was born just yesterday. Well, I bet all the ...