Wednesday 13 February 2019

Escapism: Real vs Fantasy

Has it ever happened to you that you get transported to a different time zone and space where you fantisize about hidden desires?

Triggered by movies, books, real life situations, I effortlessely slip into a different world of my sweet desires. Like a director, I call the shots. I  remember falling in love with Mr Darcy during first year of college. He dominated my thoughts so much so his dialogues opened a way straight to my heart.

Escapism, therefore, is an abode where I have hidden for brief periods since I was a teenager. The time when you start fantisizing about the man you want in your life, things he would say or do to you, every little things is minutely thought and spoken out and felt till extreme degree. I feel like a teenager at heart every time escapism hits hard.

It is like a mini- vacation I give myself every now and then to experience things which otherwise are out of reach. It could be a perfect romantic date, career, anything which I truly want.

My mind enjoys the thrill of the unknown. However, there are disadvantages of doing so:

  1. Two most expensive resources time and mental energy are invested
  2. Disassociation with life, people, routine of one's own world 
  3. Therapeutic yet ephemeral 
  4. Lack of mindfulness
  5. Isolation from social world, real conversations

Should you feel guilty? 

There is one life which has to be lived fully-parts in real, parts in dreams. Then, why not? Morever, it is a strategy to avoid pain. What I can't have, I experience through fantasy. Fantasy can be a good skill if one knows the way back to real circumstances. 

No comments:

My son's birthday Gems Choco Cake (eggless)

Today is my son's fourth birthday. I don't know where the time has flown. It seems he was born just yesterday. Well, I bet all the ...