Friday 6 September 2019

Eggless Whole Wheat Cinnamon Roll Scones



Here is a recipe which I tried yesterday. It came out perfectly crispy and healthy version of all purpose flour scones. I used Whole Wheat flour as the main component of this recipe. As always, this is an eggless recipe. Children and friends loved it. The end result was filled with aromatic flavour of crushed cinnamon layered in between whole wheat dough sheet, buttered, sprinkled with raisins.

It can be had at room temperature or frozen scones tastes good as well.









Recipe:-

Cinnamon Roll Scones:

1 cup  Whole Wheat Flour 
1 tablespoon (15 grams) granulated white sugar
1 teaspoon (5 grams) baking powder
1/2 teaspoon (2.5 grams) baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 - 1 cup (180 - 240 ml) buttermilk
Filling:
2 tablespoons (30 grams) unsalted butter, softened
1/3 cup (45 grams) currants or raisins (optional)
1 teaspoon (3 grams) ground cinnamon

I tweaked the original recipe to create my version of it. 

Happy Baking :)

No comments:

My son's birthday Gems Choco Cake (eggless)

Today is my son's fourth birthday. I don't know where the time has flown. It seems he was born just yesterday. Well, I bet all the ...