Tuesday 7 April 2020

Beeroot Walnut Whole Wheat Cake (eggless)


Baking during Lockdown, March 24 to April 14


Well, the unprecedented lockdown by our PM Modiji confined us to homes for next 21 days. Social distancing in the wake of Coronavirus outbreak has become the need of the hour.

Nevertheless, this post is about what I am doing in this god send opportunity when lots of time is at our disposal. It's such a wonderful feeling to be at home, without any damn worry of any damn outside work. It's peaceful to say the least. I will talk about it in my next post.

Posting highlights of  the last two weeks in the picture form.

The activities I did during Lockdown:_

1. BAKING- Oh, god what a time I had baking almost everyday. Coming up with the recipes which I innovated depending upon the availability of ingredients in my kitchen. Lockdown restrictions brewed creativity in my mind. Here, are some of the pictures of my freshly baked goodies. Since, everyone was at home, the jars were emptied soon after they were baked. Before I knew it, it was time to bake again.

BEETROOT WHOLE WHEAT CAKE (EGGLESS)


Recipe---

Ingredients                                          Qnt                                   Remarks, if any

Whole Wheat Flour                             1 Cup                             

Baking powder                                     1 tsp                         


White Vinegar                                      1/2 tsp                                         

Beetroot                                               Fist size beetroot            Pureed in blender

sugar                                                    1/2 cup                            powdered

salt                                                        1/4 tsp

oil                                                         1/4 cup                           flavourless, olive oil is good too



Procedure--

  1.  Sift the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder salt) thrice
  2. In a separate bowl, add milk, vinegar, beetroot puree, oil, sugar and stir gently till all the elements come together. 
  3. Mix dry with wet ingredients
  4. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 40-45 mins. 

No comments:

My son's birthday Gems Choco Cake (eggless)

Today is my son's fourth birthday. I don't know where the time has flown. It seems he was born just yesterday. Well, I bet all the ...